- Medulla: A 2D sidescrolling platformer game that teaches basic brain structure and function, by Joseph Fanfarelli, Stephanie Vie
- Play or science? a study of learning and framing in crowdscience, by Andreas Lieberoth, Mads Kock Pedersen, Jacob Friis Sherson
- Barriers To Learning About Mental Illness Through Empathy Games – Results Of A User Study On Perfection, by Barbara Harris, Mona Shattell, Doris C. Rusch, Mary J. Zefeldt
- Zombie-based critical learning – teaching moral philosophy with The Walking Dead, by Tobias Staaby
- Distributed Teaching and Learning Systems in Dota 2, by Jeffrey B. Holmes
- An Analysis of Plague, Inc.: Evolved for Learning, by Lorraine A. Jacques
The Well Played Journal is a forum for in-depth close readings of video games that parse out the various meanings to be found in the experience of playing a game. It is a reviewed journal open to submissions that will be released on a regular basis.