- Inhabiting Games Well (If not Uncomfortably…), by Casey O’Donnell
- Critical Literacy: Game Criticism for Game Developers by Yotam Haimberg
- Well-played and well-debated: Understanding perspective in contested affinity spaces, by Sean Duncan
- On justification: WoW, EQ2 and Aion forums, by Thibault Philippette, Baptiste Campion
- Why we Glitch: process, meaning and pleasure in the discovery, documentation, sharing and use of videogame exploits, by Alan Meades
The Well Played Journal is a forum for in-depth close readings of video games that parse out the various meanings to be found in the experience of playing a game. It is a reviewed journal open to submissions that will be released on a regular basis.