- A Narrative Dream: The Unfinished Swan, by Eric Guadara
- Handling Differences in Skills between Parents and Children Playing Trine and Little Big Planet, by Wolmet Barendregt
- Night Elves, Jargon, and You: The Language of Power within World of Warcraft, by Christopher Hornyak
- The Significance of Death, Cake, Companion Cube, and the Potato in the Portal series, by Lisa Yamasaki
- Unintended Consequences: Malaria and Orientalist Discourse in Far Cry 2, by Marcus Hensel
- Do Cyborgs Dream of the Perfect Pump?: Warframe and Gender, by Timothy Welsh
The Well Played Journal is a forum for in-depth close readings of video games that parse out the various meanings to be found in the experience of playing a game. It is a reviewed journal open to submissions that will be released on a regular basis.