- Assassin’s Creed III: The Complete Unofficial Guide,
- a Teacher’s Limited Edition, by Wade Berger, Patrick Staley
- Fiasco and Failure: Uncovering Hidden Rules in a
- Story Game, by Sean C. Duncan
- Ninja Gaiden Black and the Tutorial-Less Tutorial, by Jason Mathias
- Interaction Images promote Character Identification
- in Heavy Rain, by Michael Nixon, Jim Bizzocchi
- Replaying the remnants in Mark of the Ninja, by Pierre-Marc Côté
- Good Fences Make Good Neighbors: Values of
- Digital Objects in FarmVille2, by Jane Gruning
- Ascension: a Case Study in Deckbuilding Games, by Andy Nealen
*These essays were part of the Well Played Sessions at GLS 9.0, the 2013 Games+Learning+Society Conference in Madison, WI, as well as the Well Played Sessions at the 2013 DiGRA conference in Atlanta, GA.
The Well Played Journal is a forum for in-depth close readings of video games that parse out the various meanings to be found in the experience of playing a game. It is a reviewed journal open to submissions that will be released on a regular basis with high-quality essays.