- Time Tech and Tales: The fall and rise of the popularity of narration in games seen through Monkey Island 2 and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, by Emmanuel Eytan
- Queue’d Up: The Functioning of Randomized Groups in World of Warcraft, by Charles Ecenbarger II
- EUROPA UNIVERSALIS II: Conquest, trading, diplomacy from the Middle Ages to Napoleon, by Simon Egenfeldt-Nielsen
- Deus Ex Ludos: Representation, Agency, and Ethics in Deus Ex: Invisible War, by Joseph Hogle
- Playing as a Woman as a Woman as if a Man, by Gabriela T. Richard
The Well Played Journal is a forum for in-depth close readings of video games that parse out the various meanings to be found in the experience of playing a game. It is a reviewed journal open to submissions that will be released on a regular basis with high-quality essays.